Thursday, March 4, 2010

CSAYL#42


One of my favorite challenges is back! Actually it was back last week, but I didn't get around to participating in that one...better late than never, right? CSAYL stands for Christmas Stampin' All Year Long, and the challenge can be found here. Lemme tell ya, this card gave me fits! Not that I have any problems using pink on a Christmas card, but mostly or all pink?? So I had to pull out several shades of pink CS, and sort thru all my DP to find something that would go with one of them. After making those decisions, I then chose to run some of the same CS thru the snowflake folder in the CB, and tried to highlight the embossing with ink...not sure if that worked very well! The stamp is from Inkadinkado (Warm Holiday Wishes), and I cut it out and matted it using circle Nesties. I wanted to use a snowflake on the card, but after I punched it out, I thought to cut it apart and put the 6 pieces around my image instead. I inked the edges first, so they wouldn't be so "white". Added my little tag, and finally it was done. {whew!} If you get a chance, pop on over to the CSAYL blog and see the DT samples, and what others have made! Until next time...TOODLES!!!

2 comments:

  1. LOL! Marie . . .you're funny! I'm sorry you had to dig through your DPs to create your card! Well, with all that effort you did a BEAUTIFUL job. You did a wonderful job using the pink shades. Thank you for playing along with us at CSAYL! I hope to see you playing again!!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. For all the fits this card gave you, it is a really gorgeous card! Love how you put it all together!
    Hugs
    Carol

    ReplyDelete

ABC CHRISTMAS -- E IS FOR EMBOSSING, F IS FOR FAUX, G IS FOR GINGERBREAD

 Hello crafty friends!  I'm dropping by really quickly to share what I created for this month's ABC Christmas challenge , which is ...