Thursday, October 4, 2012

Peace on Earth

     Happy Thursday, bloggy friends!  I'm happy it's Thursday beacuse I have off today, work tomorrow, and then have off the weekend to attend the Covered Bridge festival at Knoebel's Grove.  They do it every fall, and it's chock-full of crafty vendors, and FOOD!  I have yet to see any card makers there though!  What weekend plans do you have?  :)

     So, onto the reason I created this blog, showing my cards!  Here is one I created using a Meljen's Designs image, Christmas Star Snowman.  I had intended this to be for the second week of the current Jingle Belles challenge, but evidently I need to keep a closer eye on my calendar, as it is over!  duuhhhhhh!  LOL!  Ah well, if one cannot laugh at oneself, what can one laugh at?  :)
     I have checked over at Meljen's challenge blog however, and this will fit right in, as this week's challenge is Anything Goes.  Perfect!  I'd been wanting to try this design for awhile now, with the dp peeking thru an opening in the front of the card.  I embossed the cardfront with the Swiss Dots ef from Spellbinders, and used foam tape to adhere the image and the sentiment.  It's not evident in this pic, but the image itself is really sparkly, as I added Stickles to the fluffy parts of the hat, and used a clear Stardust pen over all the lines of the snow and snowman.  The star is sparkly too with some glitter glue, and a gold Stardust pen on the lines.

Well, I guess that's all there is to say.  Have a great day, and take care until next post! 

~Marie~

2 comments:

  1. The design paper showing through the opening really adds a lot of interest to the card. Love how you colored to match the paper!

    Thank you for joining us this week at Meljen’s Designs for our Anything Goes challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never realized we were practically neighbors! I used to take my kids to Knoebels when they were little, and we camped there many times!
    This is such a cute card with that window and adorable snowman!

    ReplyDelete

ABC CHRISTMAS -- E IS FOR EMBOSSING, F IS FOR FAUX, G IS FOR GINGERBREAD

 Hello crafty friends!  I'm dropping by really quickly to share what I created for this month's ABC Christmas challenge , which is ...