Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Jingle Belles and Winter Wonderland

are the challenges I'm here tonight to add my submissions to.  The Belles are looking for non-Christmassy holiday cards, and anything goes all month at Winter Wonderland.  Here are my contributions:
 
 
 
The top card is modified from a Silhouette file.  I inked all the brown edges with Frayed Burlap distress ink, and I used Faded Jeans on all the flower parts.  The sentiment comes from a new (to me) set called "Christmas" from Cloud9 Design.  I stamped it in Faded Jeans also.  I really like how this turned out!  :)
 
The second card is made from a file by Bird found here.  LOVE this one!  It looks so nice in tonal colors!  I used Peacock Feathers ink to stamp the sentiment and color the flowers (and my fingers!)  The ribbon came from the dollar store.  At the last minute, I decided to add a string of beads around the sentiment oval...which was a tad bit tricky underneath the bow...but mission accomplished anyway!
 
Well, I'm gonna get these linked up, also adding this post to Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Extra!  Thanks for visiting and take care!
 
~Marie~
 

5 comments:

  1. Awesome snowflakes and two fantastic cards decked out in brilliant blue! I love these, Marie, especially that blue poinsettia!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ... love them both ... especially that fabulous peacock blue ... so very glad you joined us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh *WOW*! both of these are amazing! i thiiiiiink the 2nd one is my very fave... i keep seeing that peacock feathers ink around and it's BEYOND fabulous! you are a clever crafty lady, missus!!! thanks for rockin' the non-christmassy vibe with us at JINGLE BELLES! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them both! The colors are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two gorgeous cards, I love the blue poinsettia!
    Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland and hope to see you for this week's new challenge :)
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete

ABC CHRISTMAS -- E IS FOR EMBOSSING, F IS FOR FAUX, G IS FOR GINGERBREAD

 Hello crafty friends!  I'm dropping by really quickly to share what I created for this month's ABC Christmas challenge , which is ...