Friday, September 4, 2015

Is it really September already??

I can't believe how quickly this year is flying by!  The girls have been in school for a week now, in 10th and 11th grades, and next Friday, Laurena turns 17!!!!  Life itself sure is flying by as well...I never envisioned myself as a mother to a 17-year-old, and a 15-year-old!!  It's overwhelming if I think about it for too long...so let's move on, shall we?
 
I'd like to share my most recent Christmas card with you today:
 
 
I have most of the ladies I work with giving me their empty tissue boxes, and this cute ornament was made from one of them.  I was inspired by the colors of the box, as well as the design of the "un-usable parts" for my layout.  An adorable little polar bear from a misc. Christmas stamp set, and a Signature Christmas sentiment from Papertrey Ink are my stamped elements, and the ornament shape is from 2011 Heirloom Ornaments from Spellbinders. 
 
 I want to add this card to these challenges:
 
Christmas at Sweet Stampin':  Penguins and/or Polar Bears
The 12 Months of Christmas Link-up #9:  Anything goes with an optional Christmas tree theme
The Glory of Christmas Challenge #66:  Anything goes with an optional humorous theme
CHNC #244:  Use some silver (silver scalloped circle behind image, silver ornament topper, and silver cord for ornament hanger)
Winter Wonderland:  Add a Sentiment
Papertake Weekly:  Anything goes
 
Thanks for stopping by, and Happy Labor Day weekend to all my fellow Americans!
 
~Marie~
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for entering The Glory of Christmas challenge 66 with your lovely crafting, Hazel, DT - thanks also for entering this into both of my CHNC challenges - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great card - thanks for joining us at The Glory of Christmas

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card. Love the polar bear image. Great diecut as well. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Holly Jolly this week. Hope to see you again. Good luck.
    Lynn, HJ DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the idea of using up the tissue boxes! A very cute card - thank you for playing along at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'! Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Winter Wonderland.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is super cute! Not overly complicated. thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely card, love the bauble shape and the cute image. Thanks for joining us at 12 MOC.

    DT for The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up!
    Designed By Del – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete

ABC CHRISTMAS -- E IS FOR EMBOSSING, F IS FOR FAUX, G IS FOR GINGERBREAD

 Hello crafty friends!  I'm dropping by really quickly to share what I created for this month's ABC Christmas challenge , which is ...