Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Let it Snow!

Well, I don't really want any more snow...we got enough two Saturdays ago to suit me just fine!  The snow lady on this card may be wishing for more snow, however:


Isn't this so cute?  The snow person is a cut file from My Scrap Chick, found here.     My version of this file is a snow lady, and her snow duds are cut from the MME "Merry" 6x6 pad.  Her body is cut from white shimmer cardstock.  I used Spun Sugar, and Tumbled Glass distress inks to add depth to  my snow lady.  The hearts, her nose, and the bells on her hat are coated in Glossy Accents.  The tree paper is from the "Whimsy Christmas" 12x12 Recollections pad.  The snowflake she's trying to catch is the Lindeman Snowflake from Memory Box.  I've had that die for a good while now, and this is the first I've used it!  *Tsk, tsk*  To dress it up, I covered it in Versamark, used Ranger sticky embossing powder, and after heating that, I dumped Deco Art Glamour Dust all over it.  Here's a close up:
 
 
It looks so much better IRL, I promise!  The sentiment is stamped in Versafine Onyx Black ink, and comes from Studio G.
 
Challenges:
 
12 Months of Christmas Link Up #14:  Anything goes or Winter Wonderland
The Glory of Christmas #77:  Anything goes or Cut and fold
Jingle Belles:  BLING on the holidays
CHNC #266:  Anything Christmas
Winter Wonderland:  Pastel colors
A Snowflake's Promise:  Anything goes
Crimbo Crackers #99:  Anything goes
Creative Card Crew #105:  Anything goes
CHN Patterned Paper:  Anything goes
Create and Inspire #38:  Anything goes
 
 
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!  May you all have a blessed rest of the week!
 
~Marie
 
 ETA:  This card was picked as the winner at Christmas Card Challenges #9, Anything Goes!  So excited!  Thank you!  :)
And also as a DT favorite at Create and Inspire!  Thank you!  :)

16 comments:

  1. well isnt this just the sweetest snowman- he is so jolly!!! adorable card!! Thank you so much for being part of my COOLest Card Series!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally like to think she's throwing all of the extra snow back up into the sky where it can most certainly stay for a while ... thanks again for BLING-ing with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your kind comment Marie. I loved the Stampfairy images and have quite a lot of them, it was such a shame when the digi shop closed down, then again it's prevented me from spending money!! Love your snowlady card, such pretty colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous winter card, love your image and your bps. Thanks for joining us at CHPPC, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super beautiful snow flake and this snow lady is one of the prettiest I have seen . fabulous card . Thanks for sharing with us at Christmas Card challenges .

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok, kinda kicking myself that i've made cards with snowmen (& women!) and snowscapes and other snowy things but did not use white glimmer cardstock! DUH, lauren!!! that's definitely the way to go as you've so perfectly proven right here! love it! so pleased you could join our celebration of all things sparkly (again!!!) at JINGLE BELLES! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card and love your snow lady! Thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland. Carol S. DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute snow lady and pretty snowflake. Love your card. Thanks for sharing with us at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A really cute image, love the colours you have used here. Great design and layout too. Thank you for joining in with our 'Pastel Colours' at Winter Wonderland, and I hope you will join us again
    Eileen DT Co-ordinator x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous - love that snowlady!

    Thanks for joining us at Create and Inspire, the 12 Months of Christmas link up and the Glory of Christmas Challenge and we hope to see you back again soon!

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. That snow lady is adorable and your paper choices are perfect. I haven't felt the need to transition to an electronic cutting machine (I have Cricut Expressions) but this image is making me change my mind! I love how you jazzed up the snowflake too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at 12 months of Christmas cards link up. The Glory of Christmas. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your snowman card is fabulous, I did have a chuckle when I found the hearts in his scarf.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun snowman card. Thank you for sharing with us at The Glory of Christmas - Myrna DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your snowlady! Beautiful background paper and snowflake too!
    Thanks for sharing with 12 Months of Christmas Link Up!

    SUSAN DT

    DT for The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up!
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card Marie - love that you created a snow lady! Thank you for joining in the challenge at 12 Months of Christmas Link Up and apologies for the late comment.

    ReplyDelete

ABC CHRISTMAS -- E IS FOR EMBOSSING, F IS FOR FAUX, G IS FOR GINGERBREAD

 Hello crafty friends!  I'm dropping by really quickly to share what I created for this month's ABC Christmas challenge , which is ...